‘Ravaya’ reports that 40 metric tons of gold has been sold with the sanction of former Governor of Central Bank Ajith Nivard Cabraal and former President Kurunegala District MP Mahinda Rajapaksa to the Japanese company ‘Suisse securities’ through another Japanese company called ‘Japuda Holdings’ via a suspicious group of middlemen.
Gold had been sold at US$46000 a kilogram and the commission paid for middlemen is US$2000 per kilogram. The whole transaction has been carried out informally and suspiciously. The gold could have been seized from KP or the LTTE. In this transaction the middleman of the Japanese company has been Rajagopal Karthiyan (ID:- 833433342 V) of 14 5?2 Gaya Road Wellawatta. The mediator for the Central Bank has been Suppiah Somasekeran (ID:- 572573389V) of No.77, Church Road, Hendala, Wattala. He had come to an agreement with 8 other persons to share the commission. The agreement had been compiled by a lawyer named Sampath Chaminda Gamage. According to the agreement each person should receive Rs.750 million.
The names of the 8 persons and their bank accounts are:-
1. W.K.E.J.A. Sawis, Selan Bank, Maharagama. Ac. No. 004031479826078
2. N.Y.C.S. Kumara Commercial Bank, Chilaw. Ac. No. 8430002649
3. K. Jeyarani, People’s Bank, Head Office Ac. No. 204-2-001-4-0004005
4. H.M.G.S.K. Seneviratna, Hatton National Bank. Ac. No. 061020042575
5. I.P.U. Karunaratna, Bank of Ceylon, Seeduwa. Ac. No. 72013332
6. K.M.I. Samarasinghe, Sampath Bank, Maharagama. Ac. No. 1013-5020-8535
7. Y.N. Illangakone, Commercial Bank, Gampaha. Ac. No. 8440039577
8. S. Siridaran, Commercial Bank Ac. No. 8800015721
Source :- ‘Ravaya’ newspaper